Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kathy Griffin's Official Book Club Selection

I'm a huge fan of Kathy Griffin and have been since her Bravo TV show started. I've seen her comedy specials and even got to see her in person (thanks Rich!) 2 years ago. I recently started following her on Twitter. So I was thrilled when she published this book and couldn't wait to get it (and in fact purchased it before Santa could send it to me for Christmas, so Santa had to read it herself!) I got the audio book version which, if you really like Kathy, is the ONLY way to go. Why? Because she "reads" her book in the best way, it's like you're just sitting with her and she's telling anecdotes. It's so natural and so her. Love it! She doesn't hold back on anyone or herself. She shows heart too. And yes, it's LOL funny but she also shares honestly about painful things too, including her marriage and divorce to Matt, the compulsive eater, compulsive liar (and something compulsive that's yet unnamed, I mean, where's that $70K Matt!?) to whom she talks about quite fairly and well-balanced. The worst part of the book? When it ended.

I think...if you find her funny, you will LOVE this book. If you don't like her, you might after reading this book. So there's no way around it, people, it's brilliant! 

See you on Twitter! @whatvalthinks
.

No comments:

Post a Comment