Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking

Wishful Drinking attracted me because I like Carrie Fisher but I loved the book cover! Cracks me up every time I see it. It was kind of an odd read because it challenged my opinions on things I don't know much about, like shock-therapy as a treatment for severe depression and the loss of memories. I had no idea before reading it that she had done that, so it took be aback a bit at first. I enjoyed her self-deprecating humor and her candor. Love that kind of honesty. It didn't have a lot of meat to it, so I wouldn't suggest you run out and buy it, but you could check it out from the library. I did, however, also decide to follow her on Twitter as a result and enjoy her blog.

I think...no need to buy it, just check it out from the library to read while sitting outside sipping lemonade.

See you on Twitter! @whatvalthinks.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment