Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime

Of the four books I'm writing about today, this was the biggest surprise and delight. Yes, I'd heard the headlines of the "big" things the book Game Change exposes, but this book offers so much more! I'm not a politico; as a member Joe Public I feel quite numb and apathetic about politics and definitely politicians. But this...this was  different. This is an insider's view of Obama, the Clintons, McCain, Palin of the party nominations and presidential campaigns. WOW. It was such a page turner. I appreciated the authors' note at the beginning on how they approached this project, the timing, the number of people they interviewed and it's written as a real political drama. It also offers a deep look into what makes (or at least made) the candidates tick. I also was struck by how even and balanced it seemed to be. I didn't get the impression that any one of the candidates was actually a secret favorite of the authors. I've already bought it for someone's birthday (another American) because she will, I hope, enjoy it as much. I highly recommend it.

I think...everyone should read it, it's that interesting.

See you on Twitter! @whatvalthinks.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment